More than Forms
The Church Administration strategist serves to help churches implement their limited resources (money, time and people) in a prioritized manner that best guides the church to achieve its mission efficiently and effectively. These resources are available to help!
Here you’ll find documents dealing with church bylaws, resources for conflict resolution, medical coverage advice, counseling policies, and much more.
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Call or email and we’re happy to work with you.
Strategist: Jeff Ingram
Customized Compensation Report
Church Search and Personnel Committees seeking a salary packages information for various staff positions can email Jeff Ingram and/or Catherine Hall for a customized compensation report. This report, provided by GuideStone Financial Resources, offers data on like-sized Southern Baptist churches, not only in Louisiana, but also in adjacent states to provide a more accurate report.
Please provide an estimated average attendance in worship and annual budget total when requesting through the emails above.
There are no costs for this service as your church’s gifts to the Cooperative Program provide for this ministry.
Church Document Triage
Designed to equip church leaders to “sort out” their various policy statements to ensure they are:
- Clear and understandable
- Internally consistent
- Concise, yet thorough
- Reflective of current ministry practice
GuideStone Financial Resources
FINANCIAL SERVICES GUIDED BY CHRISTIAN VALUES
GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-based, socially screened registered mutual fund family. We also offer a full suite of retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty, and executive planning services to churches, universities, hospitals and other institutions.
Do You Have Questions Concerning:
Insurance, Retirement, Property and Casualty, Investments, Housing Allowance, Social Security, Plan Design, Corporate, Prevention, Cybersecurity, Tax Strategy? Then check out the following webinars from GuideStone at: GuideStone.org/Webinars.
Reasons to Choose GuideStone:
- Widespread eligibility – if you receive W-2 taxable income from a church, church-related school or association affiliated with a Baptist state convention, you’re eligible for the 403(b)(9) Church Retirement Plan.
- Christian-based, socially screened funds – these funds do not invest in any company that is publicly recognized, as determined by GuideStone Financial Resources, as being involved in the liquor, tobacco, gambling, pornography, or abortion industries, or any company whose products, services or activities are publicly recognized as being incompatible with the moral and ethical posture at GuideStone.
- Flexible contribution options – both the employer and the employee can contribute to the retirement account. Employee contributions conveniently are made by salary reduction.
- Tax Benefits – employer contributions are not subject to current income or SECA taxes, earnings on contributions grow tax-deferred until withdrawn, both tax-sheltered and ROTH options are available, higher contribution limits than a traditional or ROTH IRA.
- Award Winning Performance – GuideStone Funds was honored at the 2012 Lipper Fund Awards in New York City. GuideStone ranked No. 1 out of 182 eligible companies for its consistently strong risk-adjusted investment performance across broad asset classes.
Discover more about GuideStone services at www.GuideStone.org. Jeff Ingram is available to assist church leaders and employees with their unique employee retirement and benefit needs.
These four short videos by GuideStone will answer many of your questions:
STEP 1: Jordan Puskos, CFP
WATCH: Select a Benefit Strategy
Learn about four common insurance strategies available in the marketplace.
STEP 3: Eddie Huskey, Lead Relationship Manager, GuideStone
WATCH: Pick a Plan
Compare common health plan designs and learn how they work.
STEP 4: Jake Gigl, Relationship Manager, GuideStone
WATCH: Round Out Your Benefits
Discover how low-cost life, dental and disability insurance adds value to your benefits package.
Set up a time to speak with a GuideStone® medical plan expert:
Helpful GuideStone Financial Resources Webinars:
The structure of a minister’s compensation can have a significant impact on the amount of taxes he pays. To see the annual Compensation study from Lifeway, click here. Below are some tools to help in proper compensation structure:
The Compensation Planning Guide from GuideStone Financial Resources
Download Compensation Planning Guide
Housing Allowance Calculator
Helps calculate what you can claim as well as estimating the fair rental value using three different methods.
Download Housing Allowance Calculator
Ministerial Compensation Estimator
Helps estimate the tax savings that results from proper compensation structure.
Download Ministerial Compensation Estimator
Preventing Abuse & Harassment
In Fall of 2020 a new Louisiana law (ACT No. 123) was passed adding protection to churches and employees relative to disclosure of possible charges of sexual misconduct, sexual abuse, sexual harassment, sex trafficking, sexual assault, or other sexual offenses. The entire senate bill is available for download here.
Questions About Pastoral Counseling
- Can a pastor legally provide counseling to church members? Non-members?
- Are there limitations?
- Can he advertise?
- What about church hosted support groups?
Discover the answers to these and other questions about counseling in the General Policy Statement on Pastoral Counseling.
Q & A about Performing Weddings in Louisiana
Performing a Wedding in Louisiana?
- New to ministry…new to Louisiana?
- How do I register to perform weddings?
- Am I eligible to perform weddings?
- What are my responsibilities?
Find out the answers at Q & A about Performing Weddings in Louisiana.