More than Forms
These church administration tools serve to help churches implement their limited resources (money, time and people) in a prioritized manner. They guide the church to achieve its mission efficiently and effectively.
Church administration tools, policies …
Here you’ll find documents dealing with church bylaws, resources for conflict resolution, medical coverage advice, counseling policies, and much more.
Partners in ministry
You’ll also find resources from ministry partners Guidestone, Brotherhood Mutual, and LifeWay.
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Call or email and we’re happy to work with you.
Get here quicker by using the address:
Abuse & Protection
Preventing Abuse & Harassment
In Fall of 2020 a new Louisiana law (ACT No. 123) was passed adding protection to churches and employees relative to disclosure of possible charges of sexual misconduct, sexual abuse, sexual harassment, sex trafficking, sexual assault, or other sexual offenses.
Background Check Options
Child Protection Resources
- A Pastor’s Guide to Understanding Your Church’s Safety
- Hidden Dangers – Practical Risk Management
- Notice of Injury
- Protecting Houses of Worship Against Active Shooters
- Seat Belt Law (Revised 2020)
- The Value of Comprehensive Security for Houses of Worship
- Your Ultimate Home Defense (Checklist)
- EMP Cybersecurity Checklist NEW
- 5 Cybersecurity Myths NEW
- Cybersecurity: Myths vs. Reality NEW
Compensation & Personnel
Customized Compensation Report
Church Search and Personnel Committees seeking a salary packages information for various staff positions can email Jeff Ingram and/or Catherine Hall for a customized compensation report. This report, provided by GuideStone Financial Resources, offers data on like-sized Southern Baptist churches, not only in Louisiana, but also in adjacent states to provide a more accurate report.
Please provide an estimated average attendance in worship and annual budget total when requesting through the emails above.
There are no costs for this service as your church’s gifts to the Cooperative Program provide for this ministry.
Credit Card Policy for Churches
GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-based, socially screened registered mutual fund family. They offer a full suite of retirement, insurance, investment management services and more to churches, universities, hospitals and others. They can answer questions about a number of topics, including: insurance, retirement, and tax strategy.
Reasons to Choose GuideStone
- Widespread eligibility – if you receive W-2 taxable income from a church, church-related school or association affiliated with a Baptist state convention, you’re eligible for the 403(b)(9) Church Retirement Plan.
- Christian-based, socially screened funds – these funds do not invest in any company that is publicly recognized, as determined by GuideStone Financial Resources, as being involved in the liquor, tobacco, gambling, pornography, or abortion industries, or any company whose products, services or activities are publicly recognized as being incompatible with the moral and ethical posture at GuideStone.
- Flexible contribution options – both the employer and the employee can contribute to the retirement account. Employee contributions conveniently are made by salary reduction.
- Tax Benefits – employer contributions are not subject to current income or SECA taxes, earnings on contributions grow tax-deferred until withdrawn, both tax-sheltered and ROTH options are available, higher contribution limits than a traditional or ROTH IRA.
- Award Winning Performance – GuideStone Funds was honored at the 2012 Lipper Fund Awards in New York City. GuideStone ranked No. 1 out of 182 eligible companies for its consistently strong risk-adjusted investment performance across broad asset classes.
Finding the Right Medical Coverage
There are 4 steps you can take to determine the tight medical coverage for your staff.
These four short videos by GuideStone will answer many of your questions:
Step 1: Select a Benefit Strategy
Learn about four common insurance strategies available in the marketplace.
Step 3: Pick a Plan
Compare common health plan designs and learn how they work.
Step 4: Round Out Your Benefits
Discover how low-cost life, dental and disability insurance adds value to your benefits package.
Speak to a Medical Plan Expert
- Attendance Growth Projector
- Board Member Checklist
- Church Administration Resources (LifeWay)
- Church Guest Checklist
- Church Triage Documents
- Deacon Ministry Resources (LifeWay)
- Facility Management Glossary of Terms
- Facilities Use Agreement (Sample)
- Healthy Board, Healthy Ministry
- Legal Issues – 5 Trends Affecting Churches
- Legal Issues – 5 Reasons Churches Go to Court
- Policy on Pastoral Counseling
- Religious Freedom – Marriage, Gender and Appropriate Behavior Policy (Sample)
- Religious Freedom Protection
- Worker Screening Questionnaire
- 10 Things Church Leaders are Asking About Boards and Bylaws
- The Big Warning Signs Your Church Bylaws are Working Against You & Not for You
- Bylaws/Constitution Review Checklist
- Model Bylaws – Freedom Guard
- Morals Clause (Sample)
- Purpose Statement (Sample)
- Sample Indemnification Provisions for Ministry Bylaws
- Why Bylaws Matter
Performing Weddings in Louisiana
Sample Job Descriptions
Taxes & Insurance
Sales Tax Exemption
Check out our recent articles. Click here to view them all.
More Church Administration
Resources for ministry assistants and church secretaries; subscription-based
Free resources on background checks, church and school safety, online training, podcasts, legal advice
Federal statutes and resources for preventing child abuse, neglect, and human-trafficking
Church finances, taxes, legal issues, and safety; subscription-based
Articles and documents
Church staff insurance
Federal forms for taxes and information
Funds management for cash reserves, designated accounts, endowments and other types of accounts
Church resources, ministry articles, and background checks information