2014 World Hunger Offering

2014 World Hunger Offering

577

The World Hunger Offering provides Louisiana Baptist churches with resources that can be used to feed people and accomplish the goals of a complete Compassion Ministry. Can you help?

One way to help is by taking an offering. We have set a worthy goal of collecting $330,000 so that we will have funds available to feed hungry people in Louisiana and in the world. 20% of the offering collected will stay right here in Louisiana and the other 80% will be delivered to Global Hunger Relief (formerly called World Hunger Fund). The money collected will feed people here and around the world. You can take the offering in October or any other time throughout the year.

Compared with most parts of the country, a higher proportion of families in Louisiana – as well as in the New Orleans area – don’t get sufficient amounts of food, according to two new studies on child hunger. Read more.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2011/08/child_hunger_is_high_in_louisi.html

Want to stay up to date on the World Hunger Offering and Compassion Ministry in Louisiana? Visit our Facebook Page, join the conversation and make a difference.

Promotional Materials

Well, hello! I'm jeff and I am passionate about compassion. I began working for Louisiana Baptists in 2005. I love working with dreamers who care deeply about under-served people in Louisiana. My life verse is 1 Corinthians 9:22.

SIMILAR ARTICLES