Each year, the month of October is designated in the Christian community as Pastor and Minister Appreciation month. What a special time this has been for me personally as churches took time to encourage and bless me with notes/cards, spoken words, gifts and prayers.
In a day and time when the Pastor and ministry staff can use encouragement I trust that you will use this opportunity to generously bless your staff. The past 16-18 months have been difficult for churches and their staff. Any expression of gratitude through words of encouragement and/or a monetary gift will go a long, long way this year.
To give you and your church a head start and for your preparation for that recognition I wanted to share with you some ideas and resources that will help you show appreciation to your Pastor.
A Few Ways to Bless your Pastoral and Ministry Staff
- Set aside a brief time in the October worship service(s) to pray publicly for them.
- Organize a daily prayer partner(s) to pray for them every day in October.
- Bless them with a special love gift from the congregation.
- Present them with some time away with all expenses paid by the church.
- Write notes/cards to express your appreciation and honor for their ministry.
- Present them with a basket of gift cards to local restaurants.
- Make a tangible special gift: mow the yard, clean the house, wash the car.
Additionally, download the resources below created specifically to bless our pastors through social media posts during the month of October. A sample of the images, as well as links for download are below.