Associational Mission Strategist: Bert Langley
- Covers Acadia, St. Landry, and part of Evangeline Parishes.
- Major towns are Opelousas, Ville Platte, Crowley, Mamou, and Eunice.
- 179,141 souls reside in Acadia Association.
- 12.2% of the population, or 21,803, are evangelicals.
- 56,476 or 32% of the population are listed as none’s or non-affiliated with any church. (They’re not all Catholic).
- Five new SBC churches have been planted in Acadia since 2010, including Christ Church Opelousas, Berean Baptist in Crowley, New Life Arnoldville.
- Church to Population ratio is 1 to 3,980. 18 new churches would be needed to get to our statewide ratio of 1 to 2,850. 45 new churches would be needed to get to NAMB’s suggested ratio of 1 to 2,000.
- Acadia is also home to Acadian Baptist Center. Great camp with rich history of missions and evangelism.
Pray for the pastors and churches of Acadia Association. Pray for people to hunger for the gospel. Pray for believers who will share the gospel with neighbors, friends, and family members. Pray for new African-American churches that are in the works in this area.