As we come to the end of a calendar year, this might be a good time for church leaders to consider the following for 2022:
- Do you need to update your church by-laws?
- Is there a Statement of Biblical Authority?
- A Statement on Marriage and Sexuality?
- A Statement on the Sanctity of Human Life?
- Guidance on uses of the church buildings?
Safety and Security
- Are your facilities clean and safe?
- Are you following best practices on preventing child sexual abuse and sexual harassment?
- Are there internal controls for handling money?
- Is there a credit card policy?
- Do you have a plan for inclement weather, fire, intruder, and securing the buildings during services?
Update Job Descriptions for Pastor, Staff, Key Leaders, and Committees.
A Compensation Study is a report we can prepare based on similar churches in the state and surrounding states.
These are but a few of the many issues church leaders need to give attention to on an annual basis. If you have questions, need sample templates, or would like a consultation visit, please contact me at Jeff.Ingram@LouisianaBaptists.org or 318.448.3402.