Bible Drill is a wonderful and exciting ministry opportunity for the local church to help children and their families to hide God’s Word in their hearts. Bible Drill runs in 3 consecutive cycles that change from year to year. In the 2013-14 year we are currently in the Green Cycle.
The curriculum is called Bible Skills, Drills and Thrills.
The grass withers, the flowers fade, but the word of our God remains forever.
The Green Cycle consists of 25 verses, 10 key passage references, and the Plan of Salvation. At the end of the year most children will have committed these to memory and be able to carry them throughout their life. Several things to remember for Bible Drill
- Each church can customize their Bible Drill time each week to fit their needs. There are planned meetings available in the curriculum, however, churches may add a recreation time, a teaching time or any other component to their evening.
- Louisiana Baptist Bible Drill recognizes two versions of the Bible at this time;
The 2009 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) LifeWay ISBN 9781433603648
The King James Version (KJV) LifeWay ISBN 9780879816001
- Each local church will hold a Church Drill in the Spring
We will provide the outline for the Church Drill. Please contact the Bible Drill office for your church’s drill.
- In mid-April there will be District Drills held for those children that successfully complete the Church Drill.
- In late April there will be a State Drill held for those children that successfully complete the District Drill.
Curriculum for the current cycle and an added supplemental notebook called the Bible Drill Competition Guide are all available through your local LifeWay retailer or at www.lifeway.com. Please find, on this page, links to resources that will help you with your Bible Drill ministry. We pray that your experience will be a positive one and we are here ready to help in any way possible. For more information please contact the Children’s Ministry Office of the Louisiana Baptist Convention.
Resources & Downloads