LaBaptistYouth.com is a resource for churches, youth pastors/workers, and parents. Your Louisiana Baptists Youth Ministry Team is here to serve. If you have questions or need help, please contact us.
The Youth Ministry Strategy office can help you reach your goals in youth ministry at your church. We can assist you, your church, and your students…
1) Connect to Jesus
• How much of what you know about Jesus comes from personal experience, and how much comes from the testimony of others?
• Do you sense the Holy Spirit’s prompting on a regular basis, or have you allowed yourself to be sidetracked to the point that you have difficulty discerning His will? Does anything need to change? If so, what do you plan to do about it?
• How much time a week do you spend with The Lord? This week, how can you structure your day so you can spend time with Jesus?
• This week, how are you connecting others to Jesus? In your teaching, leading, working, family? Consider how you might put Jesus at the front of all your interactions this week.
• When was the last time you led someone to Jesus?
2) Connect to Truth
• What are you reading in Scripture right now? We are to meditate on His word, but how much time do you spend digesting new Truth?
• Are you still quoting the same handful of verses that you learned as a child, or are you adding daily to your Scripture arsenal so that you can fight off the Enemy?
• We are to pray continually, but how much time per week do you spend in concentrated, purposeful prayer?
• Consider you conversations with people inside and outside the church. Is Scripture a regular part of your conversation? How can you include it?
3) Connect to Community
• Positions and posts aside, are you fully integrated in the life of your local church? Who depends on you? Who holds you accountable?
• What relationships within the church need fostering or mending?
• Who has joined your church lately as a result of your influence?
• Who can you connect in the next couple of weeks into community in the Church?
4) Connect to the Mission of God in the World
• Do you consider yourself a missionary? Do your actions prove that notion? Are you willing to serve if there is no tangible reward?
• Do you sacrifice so that others can hear about Jesus, or is your giving convenient and easy?
• Do you pray only that the Gospel will be spread or that God would use you to spread the Gospel?
Maybe you would take time to evaluate whether or not you are living practically the things you say you believe and God intends. Are you vitally connected to the work of God in your life, the lives of others, and His church?
Whether you are a full-time youth minister, or a volunteer leader, we can help. The magnificent structure of the Cooperative Program helps us all accomplish our goals of reaching students for Christ. Contact us. Let’s connect.