- The Hispanic Population continues to grow across Louisiana. Especially along I-10.
- Louisiana fastest growing Metro Area – Lafayette – is also the region with the greatest gap in church to population ratio in Louisiana at 1 SBC Church for every 11,000 residents. Planters and partners needed.
- Still 31 Towns in Louisiana with no SBC Church.
- Louisiana Baptists experienced a decrease of 41 churches in 2021. From 1,616 in 2020 to now 1,574.
- 12 new churches planted in 2021. 26 in the pipeline for 2022.
- Over 250 LBC churches without Pastors.
- The None’s (non-affiliated with any religion) now make up 30% of the US population. In Louisiana, IT’S WORSE. 4 out of 10 Louisianians claim no religious affiliation.
- With 74% of ACP’s in, Baptisms are down another 10% from 2020. Down 55% from 2012.
- Baptism to Membership ratio at all time high. From 1 to 34 in 2012. Now 1 to 59 in 2021.
These data points give us much to pray about. We need personal and corporate revival. We need a Disciple Making Movement. The Gospel is still “the Power of God for salvation” (Romans 1:16). The Holy Spirit is still drawing people to the Father (John 6:44). The Word of God is still “living and effective” (Hebrews 4:12). Let’s keep hoping, praying, laboring for God’s glory.