Associational Mission Strategist: Richard Blue
- Covers most of Livingston Parish.
- Major cities are Denham Springs and Walker
- 140,789 souls reside in the Eastern Louisiana Baptist Association.
- 5% of the population, or 44,359, are evangelicals.
- 72,788 or 52% of the population are listed as none’s or non-affiliated with any church.
- 5,488, or 3.9% of the population, attended the 44 SBC churches in the Eastern Louisiana Baptist Association in 2019.
- 8 new SBC churches have been planted in the Eastern Louisiana Baptist Association since 2010.
Church to Population ratio is 1 to 3,200. 5 new churches would be needed to get to our statewide ratio of 1 to 2,850. 26 new churches would be needed to get to NAMB’s suggested ratio of 1 to 2,000.
Livingston Parish has been one of the fastest growing parishes in Louisiana over the last 20 years, experiencing a growth rate of 10% annually. Devastating floods in 2016, which saw 80% of the land in the parish flooded, has not slowed the growth. Pray for the pastors and churches of the Eastern Louisiana Baptist Association. Pray for people to hunger for the gospel. Pray for believers who will share the gospel with neighbors, friends, and family members. Pray for Church Planters, RePlanters, and Partnering churches to join the workers in the harvest on the Northshore.