Gather with church planting and missions enthusiasts from around Louisiana for two days of learning, collaboration and encouragement. Four main sessions will feature church planting and missions practitioners. Breakout sessions will include topics that will help you know how to jump into church planting and missions from start to finish.
Tuesday, August 26, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Register now and attend a pre-conference session on Monday, August 25, from 9:00 – 11:30 am for free!
Cost: $35 *There is no cost for registration for current NOBTS students.
If you register for this conference during the month of July, you’ll receive a free copy of Twice a Slave – a story of Louisiana’s first church planter.
Location: New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
J. D. serves as the pastor of church multiplication with The Church at Brook Hills in Birmingham, Alabama. He is the author of several books including Discovering Church Planting, Pressure Points: Twelve Global Issues Shaping the Face of the Church, and Strangers Next Door: Immigration, Migration and Mission.
Dhati’s passions are for church planting and discipleship.He launched The Rebuild Initiative in 2011 to answer the call to see more churches planted in the urban context. He currently serves as the president of The Rebuild Initiative.
D.A. Horton currently serves as the Executive Director of ReachLife Ministries, the non-profit ministry of Reach Records as well as the National Coordinator for Urban Student Missions at NAMB. Prior to serving at ReachLife, D.A. was an urban church planter, pastor and Lead Teaching Elder in Kansas City, MO for 6 years.
Vance speaks all over the nation to stimulate awareness that the Gospel is very needed in our own country as well as all over the world. His expositional teachings and command of the diverse biblical vernacular captivate his audience and urge them to ask,“How can I be more involved in the Kingdom?”
- Lessons Learned by Portable Church Practitioners – Adam Beach & Andy Tribe
- Multi-Ethinc Church Planting – Page Brooks
- Getting Started with Compassion Ministry – Dr. Jeff Cook
- Discover Church Planting – Lane Corley
- Top 10 Places in Louisiana to Plant a Church – Lane Corley
- Developing a Gospel Centered Arts Culture – Robert Hargrove
- How to Live On Mission – DA Horton
- What is a Missional Community? Dhati Lewis
- Creating a Culture of Disciple Making – Dhati Lewis
- Exponential Growth in Rural Areas – Chad Merrell
- Preaching & Contextualization – Mike Miller
- Pressure Points: Global Issues Shaping the Face of the Church – JD Payne
- Spiritual Warfare in Mission – Dr. Jerry Rankin
- Mobilizing Your Church to Plant – George Ross
- Reproducible Discipleship – George Ross
- Basics for Hispanic Church Multiplication – Carlos Schmidt & friends
- Church Planting in Difficult Context – James Welch
- Gospel Multiplication – Rob Wilton
- Evangelism as a Strategy - Dennis Watson
- Church Planting Wives Track – Joy Ross & Friends
- Barnabas Factors -Essential Practices of Church Planting Team – JD Payne
- Foundations of The Faith- How To Live On Mission- D.A. Horton
- The Gospel And Contextualization- D.A. Horton
Monday, August 25, 2014
9am-11am – Pre-Conference Session with JD Payne & Jerry Rankin on Church Planting Movements
1-2pm – MAIN SESSION #1: JD Payne
2:15-3:15pm – Breakout Session #1
3:30-4:30pm – Breakout Session #2
4:45-5:45pm – MAIN SESSION #2: DA Horton
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
8:30-9:30am – Breakout Session #3
9:45-10:45am – Breakout Session #4
11am-12noon – MAIN SESSION #3: Vance Pitman
1:15-2:15pm – MAIN SESSION #4: Dhati Lewis
2:30-3:30pm – Breakout Session #5
3:45-4:45pm – Closing Session