Louisiana Baptists finished 2016, with 33 churches planted across our state. Surpassing our goal of 30 for the second straight year. We are grateful for a great spirit of multiplication happening across Louisiana.
Here’s the breakdown:
- 4 in North Louisiana, 29 in South Louisiana.
- 15 in New Orleans, 7 on the I-12, 4 in Baton Rouge, 2 in Lake Charles, 2 in Central LA, 1 in Lafayette, 1 in Houma/Thibodaux, 1 on I-20.
- 12 Anglo, 15 African-American, 3 Multi-Ethnic, 2 Hispanic, 1 Asian.
- 7 Multi-Site Developments, 6 Re-Plants
- $1.3 million in Cooperative Funding invested in Church Planting supplements.
- $330,000 in Georgia Barnette State Missions Offering Grants invested in Church Plants.
In 2016, 95 Church Plants in years 1-3 received Cooperative funding through the Louisiana Baptists Missions and Ministries office. These plants reported:
- 1,329 New Commitments to Christ & 384 Baptisms
- 26,933 Evangelistic Contacts
- $222,289 given to the Cooperative Program and $72,948 to local associations.
How are we doing region by region:
- 163 new churches have been planted. 34 north LA, 129 south LA, 41 in New Orleans. Only 137 more to go to meet our goal of 300 by 2020!
- 97, or 60%, of church plants have been non-Anglo. 51 African-American, 26 Hispanic, 9 Asian, 11 Other.
- We’re up to 20 Multi-site Congregations and 21 RePlants (plants on church properties that had closed or were near closure).
- 2,671 Baptisms have been reported. That’s 32 baptisms every month, 7 baptisms every week, in church plants years 1-3.
- Churches have been planted in 77 Louisiana cities and towns and 21 of 32 Louisiana Baptist Associations since.
Looking forward to another great year of multiplication in Louisiana and beyond. Jump in and start your churches church planting journey at MultiplyLA.com.