Louisiana Baptists Church Planting Advisory Council Meeting was held this month. This council is made up of pastors, lay leaders, and Associational Missions Strategists from across Louisiana. It has met continuously since 2009, assisting and giving oversight to the work of the Missions and Ministry Team in relation to Church Planting objectives and goals. The Council heard reports this month on New Churches across Louisiana, Church Planting Training, Compassion Ministry, and State Missions Offering allocations for Church Planting. Here’s a synopsis:
- We are 86% to our goal of 300 new churches from 2010 to 2020.
- There are 33 projected church plants for 2020. Two churches started in January. Six new churches in process for February.
- 57% of new churches started since 2010 have been non-anglo. 82 African-American, 35 Hispanic, 12 Asian, 18 Other.
- In the pipeline for 2020 – 8 new Hispanic churches, 2 Portugese, 2 Asian (Burmese and Cambodian).
- 64 churches started in North Louisiana (25%);193 in South Louisiana (75%), including 70 new churches in New Orleans or 27%.
- 3,749 Baptisms in church plants and replants since 2010 – 14.5 per church plant. (includes first 3 years of ministry)
- 13,977 Commitments to Christ reported by new churches since 2010 – 54 per church plant. (includes first 3 years of ministry)
- Because of the generous giving of Louisiana Baptist Churches to the Georgia Barnette State Mission Offering in 2019, we were able to increase supplements to church plants and replants by over $10,000 per plant and give each current church plant in Louisiana a bonus at the end of 2019.
Pray for Louisiana Church Planters who are on the front lines of reaching people and meeting needs in our state.
Connect with Louisiana Baptist Church Planting here – MultiplyLA.com.
On Facebook, check out our Multiply Louisiana Facebook Group.