Georgia Barnette Offering Mid-Year Update
Remember the gifts you gave to the Georgia Barnette State Missions Offering last fall? Good news – they’re bearing fruit!
God is using your gifts to impact local communities across the state via church planting and Mission Builders.
- God led Checkerz and Nicole Williams to start a multi-ethnic, multi-generational church in Baton Rouge in 2018. Renew Church has baptized 9 new believers and has grown from 30 to near 100 in worship attendance in just over a year.
- Moreauville Community Church is the first church to be planted in the town of Moreauville. They recently constructed their first building where the truth will be imparted for years to come
And there’s more!
Prayer requests are being received regularly in response to Here for You, Louisiana Baptists multi-media evangelism strategy. Here are a few:
- “Pray for the salvation for my spouse, daughter, son-in-law, and my grandsons.”
- “I feel lost, scared and very much alone.”
- “I lost my job today. I’m a single mom.”
In May, over 450 visited the gospel presentation on HereforYou.org and 73 of them indicated a decision for Christ! One visitor wrote, “I want to know everything about Jesus. Where do I start?”
Last year the Lord prompted Louisiana Baptists to provide a little over $1.4 million for missions and ministries across the state. Here is some of the additional fruit your Georgia Barnette gifts have produced as of May:
- Over 100 church planting and compassion ministry projects
- Mission Builder projects such as the one in Moreauville
- Leadership development and training for church planters, compassion leaders and chaplains.
- Additional training and support for non-English church planters
- Missions education support and resources
- Evangelism projects and training including prison ministry
- Baptist Collegiate Ministries including summer mission projects
All of the above was accomplished using a little over $580,400 of the gifts received. God is multiplying your generosity!
Additional missions and ministries are planned for the remaining $900,000 you provided in 2018. A few of these include:
- Scholarships for ministerial students
- Literacy, English as a Second Language (ESL) and Multi-housing ministries
- Crisis pregnancy centers
- Disaster Relief
The 2019 Georgia Barnette State Missions Offering is right around the corner. Taking a challenge from the Psalmist to “… tell the next generation … even the children not yet born …” (Psalms 78:4, 6, NLT), Louisiana Baptists are committed to ensuring every generation has the opportunity to hear and respond to God’s truth.
Our goal is $1.7 million, all of which is committed to missions and ministry in Louisiana. Resources will be mailed in late July and will also be available online at GeorgiaBarnette.org.
The need to Impart. Truth. Today. (this year’s theme) has never been greater. And a great need calls for an even greater response. Begin praying now regarding your part in saturating our state with God’s truth.
Posted June 25, 2019