(Posted May 8, 2017)
Our Louisiana Baptists State Missions Offering, the Georgia Barnette Offering, is a great spark for missions all over Louisiana. In 2016, we receive $1.58 million for the offering and this money is already at work across our state in 2017. Here’s some of the current expenditures:
- $15k in scholarships for ministerial students.
- $20k to help new churches and missions centers with equipment needs.
- $159k in church planting and compassion ministry funding for over 100 projects currently in years 1-3.
- $34k in funding for the Mission Builder program providing construction resources churches across Louisiana.
- $18k for church planting networking and training for non-english language groups in Louisiana.
- $8k for African-American church planting development.
- $6k for Men’s, Women’s, and Kids Missions training and networking.
- $90k for special evangelism projects including Prison outreach and Block Party and Event support
- $85k for Collegiate Ministry, including the brand new BCM at Southern University in Baton Rouge.
- $30k for the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary Extension at Angola State Penitentiary.
- $9k for ESL (English as a Second Language), Multi-housing, and Chaplaincy training and projects across Louisiana.
- $7k for Disaster Relief Training and Projects
- $150k for the Here For You Media campaign.
Still around $927k to be distributed over the next 8 months! It’s always a lot of fun to watch the Georgia Barnette offering at work! Find out more about the Georgia Barnette State Missions Offering at GeorgiaBarnette.org. Promotional material for the 2017 Offering will be available in July. Watch for opportunities to give through your church this Fall. Let’s be faithful to provide this spark for missions in Louisiana!