Our Louisiana Baptists State Missions Offering, the Georgia Barnette Offering, is a great source of energy for missions all over Louisiana. In 2017, we received $1.58 million for the offering and this money is already at work across our state. Here are some of the expenditures so far this year:
- $157k in church planting and compassion ministry funding for over 100 projects currently in years 1-5.
- $37k in funding for the Mission Builder program providing construction resources for churches across Louisiana.
- $18k for church planting networking and training for non-English language groups in Louisiana.
- $29k for men’s, women’s, and kids’ missions training and networking.
- $20k for special evangelism projects including prison outreach and evangelistic event support
- $85k for collegiate ministry, including the brand new Baptist Collegiate Ministry (BCM) at Southern University in Baton Rouge.
- $30k for the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary Extension at Angola State Penitentiary.
- $9k for ESL (English as a Second Language), multi-housing, and chaplaincy training projects across Louisiana.
- $3k for Crisis Pregnancy Resource Centers across Louisiana.
- $12k for Disaster Relief training and mobilization.
And we’re just getting started!
There is absolutely nothing else like the GBO for fueling missions across Louisiana!
Still around $1.1 million remains to be distributed over the next seven months, including money for scholarships. It’s always fun to watch the Georgia Barnette Offering providing fuel for missions across our state!
Find out more about the Georgia Barnette State Missions Offering at GeorgiaBarnette.org.
Promotional material for the 2018 Offering will be available in July. Watch for opportunities to give through your church this Fall.
*expenditures calculated in May 2018