Father God, would you….
1. Strengthen my kids’ resolve to follow You.
2. Protect them from worldviews that will challenge their faith.
3. Allow my children to be influenced by godly men and women within our school.
4. Protect my student from bullies and others that would shame and destroy self-confidence and joy.
5. Make my child bold and brave when it comes to expressing their faith.
6. Give teachers a deep, mysterious understanding of how to best teach my son or daughter.
7. Help me to know when to step in and when to leave room for You to work.
8. Remind me of the power of prayer everyday and also remind me that I need to pray EVERY DAY for my child.
9. During times they are being transported before, during and after school please protect them.
10. Bring revival in the high school campuses in our city.
11. Reaffirm your promises to me as I do my best to influence the children in my home and their friends.
12. Help me to recall scriptures to share with my kids before they ever leave the house.
13. Give wisdom to my children about how many activities they will commit to doing.
14. Supply financially for the needs of the poor in our midst and allow me to be a source of that financial provision.
15. Disallow our government to restrict our rights to share our Christian faith within the schools and in our community.
16. Help us as we make decisions about food during school. We are so often careless with our food and our kids pick up on that!
17. Add steps to my child’s day and help him to travel with good companions and have a direct influence on students who are off the path.
18. Give my pastor the right words to say on Sunday which will ultimately prepare our kids for Monday.
19. Help us never forget to be thankful for all we have from buildings to pencils and then also to pray and find ways to help those who do not have.
20. Astound my child through science about your marvelous creation.
21. When my child is bored in math, bring to his mind the scripture reference numbers that we’ve been memorizing.
22. When conflict happens, give us wisdom and love enough to settle and bring reconciliation.
23. Remind us of our great need for racial reconciliation and help us be reconcilers.
24. Protect our children from disease and illness that often happens when kids gather on a daily basis.
25. Settle us down when we are testy and irritable during the year.
26. Use athletics to build character and humility.
27. Help us to celebrate the little victories.
28. Create relationships that are saturated in grace.
29. Show us how to really listen to each other, not only with our ears but also our hearts.
30. Help us make the most of every opportunity to encourage those who struggle.
31. Give us a spirit of empathy and understanding when things get messy and emotional.
32. Shield our children from sexual predators as well as any person who would chose to say or do anything that would sexualize our kids.
33. Prepare our kids for their future marriages. It seems weird to pray this, but even years before they meet, they will both need your care today.
34. Help my children to get rid of all mockery and sarcasm. And help me to not model this either.
35. Fill in the gaps of my kids’ faith through the influence of other Christian leaders.
36. Remind me to stop and take the opportunity to pray with my kids every day and not just at the dinner table.
37. Make my faith so vibrant that my kids know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I believe You are real!
38. As parents keep our heads on a swivel when it comes to being sensitive and alert to the needs of kids in our church.
39. Keep us aware of the spiritual warfare that goes on in schools all over the world. Make me vigilant to keep up my guard and be on the offense for the sake of love.
40. Help us to trust you throughout the year, because as hard as it is to believe, You love them even more than we do!