“Finish the course.” These were some of the final words that Wayne Jenkins spoke to his family and friends. They were also his driving motivation for ministry in his final years. Whether it was across the street or around the world, pointing others to Christ was Wayne’s desire and joy. Now, his joy is complete as he sees the Savior he has shared for so many years. We miss him terribly. But the same hope that gives us assurance of life in the face of death compels us to extend the Gospel to those who are without that same hope. The mission continues!
We are currently making plans for Brazil for the summer of 2019, and we would like you to consider joining us. Preparations are already underway for our work with local churches in the city of Montes Claros. Here are a few practical steps you can take now:
1. Pray. Pray concerning your involvement. As you seek Him and make His Kingdom a priority, God will make every provision for your trip.
2. Consider where you may be interested in working. Below is a list of needs for the ministry this year.
- Evangelistic visitors
- Construction workers to build 2 chapels
- Drama Workers
- VBS Workers
- Sports volunteers
- Street Team
- Cooking Team
- Medical/Dental/Eye Clinic Team
3. Begin now to raise funds. We are still negotiating prices so the cost is subject to change but basic projections are as follows:
Basic Trip – $2350 (July 5-16)
Included in the cost:
- Flights and 9 nights accommodations (Departures from zones outside of the south may incur a higher cost)
- Transfers to and from hotel as well as daily transportation to work areas
- Daily continental breakfast
- Bus trips
- Tips for bus drivers
- T Shirts
Extension to Rio – $2650 (July 5-July 18)
Basic trip included with the following:
- Transportation to Rio
- Tour of Corcovado/Sugarloaf
4. Fill out the enclosed interest form. Fill out the enclosed form ASAP and send it to the address below along with your deposit of $300. You will receive a follow up letter concerning your balances and due dates.
Beyond the Walls
607 Victory Drive
New Iberia, La. 70563
5. Obtain/renew a passport. If you do not have a passport then begin the application process now. Passports and visas are not included in the cost of your trip. You will need to apply for a visa after you obtain your passport so the sooner this process begins the better. If you already have a passport then check to make sure it is still valid. If you must renew allow enough time for your passport to arrive (6-8 weeks). Unexpired visas in expired passports are still valid so you will need to bring both with you.
Once we receive your interest form we will send more detailed information concerning the trip so get the form in as soon as you can. You may contact us at the numbers below with any questions. We look forward to working alongside you next summer for the sake of the Kingdom.
For More Information:
David and Deanne Denton