Skip to content

People Need to Eat Everyday

Louisiana + Global Hunger Relief exists because approximately 1-in-5 people in Louisiana live below the poverty line and are considered to be food insecure.

More Than a Box of Food

We want to encourage your church to increase your giving to allow for more funds to be sent to families in Louisiana and around the world.

Louisiana + Global Hunger Relief donations can be collected throughout the year. We hope that you to take the offering any time of the year that fits within your church calendar.

When you collect the offering, you can send it to Louisiana Baptists. 20% of the offering will be distributed to hunger ministries in Louisiana. The other 80% will be sent to Global Hunger Relief to assist with hunger needs around the world.

Serving Food
  • Globally, 828 million souls grapple with the harsh realities of chronic hunger, facing war, famine, poverty, and pandemic.
  • In Mozambique, 80% of families find themselves unable to afford basic nourishment.
  • Ethiopia is the third most impacted nation in the ongoing global hunger crisis.

Louisiana + Global Hunger Relief Resources for 2024

Use the poster, bulletin insert and slide to motivate your church for the effort.

Louisiana + Global Hunger Relief Resources

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,”

Matthew 25:34-35

“Now may our God and Father Himself and our Lord Jesus Christ direct our way to you; and may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you, so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.”

1 Thessalonians 3:11-13

Want to Go Deeper?

Global Hunger Relief

Visit the Global Hunger Relief website for additional information and resources.

Baptist Global Response

An initiative of Southern Baptists formerly known as the World Hunger Fund.

SEND Relief

Global Hunger Relief provides long-term, gospel-centered solutions to hunger.

Want to Talk?

For more information call the Missions & Ministry office at 318.448.3402.