Providing scholarship assistance for women attending one of the six Southern Baptist seminaries is a particular joy for Louisiana WMU.
This scholarship is for women who are enrolled and attending classes on the main campus of the seminary and who are pursuing a Master’s degree.
- Application will be available on September 1.
- For women who are enrolled in a Master‘s program at one of the six Southern Baptist seminaries
- In the amount of $1600 per year/$800 per semester payable to the seminary
- Granted annually by Louisiana WMU/WMU Scholarship Committee and administered by the state WMU Director for a maximum of three years
- Are awarded on a one-year basis and are not automatically renewed. Students must reapply each year
- Applications are available Sept. 1 – June 10
- Completed, signed applications must be postmarked on or before June 15.
- Be devoted to the Lord, His church and work
- Graduate of a Louisiana high school and/or a long-term Louisiana resident
- Be an active member of a Southern Baptist church
- Give evidence of her call to ministry
- Be pursuing a Master’s level graduate degree
While at seminary, must:
- Be loyal to and participate in Woman‘s Missionary Union and be actively involved in mission education through WMU at church or on campus
- Be a full-time student (9 main campus, classroom hours)
- Be an active member in a Southern Baptist church
- Include at least one missions course in degree program
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
For additional information, contact Women’s Missions and Ministry at 800.622.6549, 318.448.3402 or WMM@LouisianaBaptists.org.