Applications are no longer being accepted this year.
Applications are available from September 1 – January 10. Completed, signed application must be in the WMU office by January 15.
- granted annually by Louisiana WMU/scholarship committee and administered by Louisiana Baptists; Women’s Missions & Ministry Strategist
- for women and men who are pursuing a four-year bachelor’s degree
- in the amount of $1200 per year/ $600 per semester paid directly to LC
Applicant must be:
- a Louisiana native and/or graduate of a Louisiana high school (exception: parents are appointed IMB missionaries)
- an active member in a Louisiana Southern Baptist church
- active in Southern Baptist WMU or RA missions organization
While at LC, you must:
- be active in a local Southern Baptist church
- be involved in a Southern Baptist mission’s education organization (i.e. the campus myMission group, The C.O.R.P.S.; myMission, Women on Mission or Baptist Men; or lead GA, RA, Children in Action, Acteens, Youth on Mission or Mission Friends in a local church)
- a full-time student (12 main campus, classroom hours per semester)
- maintain 2.5 cumulative GPA
- download the application (LouisianaBaptists.org/Women)
- applications are available from September 1-January 10
- completed, signed applications must be postmarked on or before January 15 for the upcoming school year
- scholarships are reviewed by the scholarship committee and approved by the Louisiana WMU State Council
- applicants will be notified by the state Women’s Missions & Ministry strategist
- a signed acceptance form must be received in the Louisiana Baptists’ Women’s Missions & Ministry office by the date on the acceptance form
- scholarships are awarded on a one-year basis and are not automatically renewed. Students must reapply each year.
Contact Women’s Missions & Ministry at 800.622.6549 or 318.448.3402 x 268 or email WMM@LBC.org