The African American Mission Pastors scholarship is administered by WMU and provides scholarship assistance to pastors of African American missions in our state. These pastors must be enrolled at a Southern Baptist Seminary or its approved extension center while pursuing a Master’s Degree or Christian Education Diploma.
- Application will be available on September 1.
- Granted annually by Louisiana WMU/WMU Scholarship Committee and administered by the state WMU Director for a maximum of three years.
- For African-American pastor of a Louisiana Baptist African-American mission church
- In the amount of $1200 per year/$600 per semester
- Applications are available from Sept. 1 – June 10. Download the Application.
- Completed, signed applications are due in the Women’s Missions and Ministry office on or before June 15.
- Be devoted to the Lord, His church and work
- Give evidence of call to ministry
- Be a Louisiana resident
- Pastor a Louisiana Baptist Convention mission church
- Be endorsed by Director of Missions and sponsoring church pastor
While at Seminary, must:
Lead mission to participate in the Weeks of Prayer for State Missions, International Missions and North American Missions and contribute to Georgia Barnette State Missions Offering, Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and Annie Armstrong Easter Offering.
Lead the mission to support the Cooperative Program and local association through giving a tithe of the mission‘s budget income and to be actively involved in the local association
Be enrolled in six hours minimum at a Southern Baptist Seminary or its approved extension center while pursuing a Master’s Degree or Christian Education Diploma