The African American Church Planters scholarship is administered by WMU and provides scholarship assistance to pastors of African American church plants in our state. Pastors of churches involved in a revitalization program in consultation with a Louisiana Baptist strategist are also eligible. These pastors must be enrolled at a Southern Baptist Seminary, its approved extension center or hybrid classes while pursuing a Master’s Degree or Christian Education Diploma.
- Application will be available on September 1.
- Granted annually by Louisiana WMU/WMU Scholarship Committee and administered by the state WMU Director for a maximum of three years.
- For African-American pastor of a Louisiana Baptist African-American church plant or church revitalization
- In the amount of $1200 per year/$600 per semester
- Applications are available from Sept. 1 – June 10. Download the Application.
- Completed, signed applications are due in the Women’s Missions and Ministry office on or before June 15.
- Be devoted to the Lord, His church and work
- Give evidence of call to ministry
- Be a Louisiana resident
- Pastor a Louisiana Baptist Convention church plant
- Be endorsed by Director of Missions and sponsoring church pastor or Louisiana Baptist strategist if the church is part of a revitalization.
While at Seminary, must:
- Lead church to participate in the Weeks of Prayer for State Missions, International Missions and North American Missions and contribute to Georgia Barnette State Missions Offering, Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and Annie Armstrong Easter Offering.
- Lead the mission to support the Cooperative Program and local association through giving a tithe of the mission‘s budget income and to be actively involved in the local association
- Be enrolled in six hours minimum at a Southern Baptist Seminary, its approved extension center or hybrid while pursuing a Master’s Degree or Christian Education Diploma
For additional information, contact Women’s Missions and Ministry at 800.622.6549, 318.448.3402 or WMM@LouisianaBaptists.org.