- 90% Hispanic with a growing Asian population
- Churches in the RGV are about 81% Catholic, 8% Baptist, 11% Other
- Drought and an economic crisis have impacted local churches. Many are struggling to stay open and some have closed their doors.
- A Fruitful Rio Grande Valley where the fruit consists of 100s of multiplying churches, faithful, orient disciples making disciples, and all of God’s followers joining Him on mission.
- To facilitate churches in starting churches, facilitate church planters start new churches, help great commission Christians become disciples that make disciples, and see a church planting movement in the valley.
- Work with local churches to develop into church planting centers
Goals for 5 Years:
- 100+ multiplying churches in 5 years
- Join us to impact the Rio Grande Valley with the Gospel and in making disciples that leads to new churches.
- Join the Rio Grande Valley in Prayer
- Pray for our goal of planting churches
- Keep up with our work through Facebook: Pushing Back the Darkness in Texas
- Come and join us in the harvest
- Come down on a survey trip with your church team
- Get involved directly in church planting – join us for a Push event during spring break or the summer
- Serve as a summer church planting intern
- Help plant a new church
- Come and support the work of a new church plant
Reach the Valley Vision Tours:
- The SBTC’s strategic initiative, Reach the Valley, invites you to come see first hand what God is doing in church planting and revitalization. We pray you will hear the “Macedonian Call” to help us reach our city for Jesus!
For More Info:
Reach Valley Strategist