The Baptist Association of Greater Baton Rouge covers all or part of Ascension, East Baton Rouge (Louisiana’s most populated Parish), West Baton Rouge, Iberville, Pointe Coupee, St. James Parishes.
- Population: 640,059
- 1 Southern Baptist church (SBC) for every 6,096 persons. Rest of Louisiana is 1 to 2,895. NAMB’s goal is 1 to 2,000. 131 new churches would be needed to get to 1 to 2,895.
- Only 1.2% of the population (7,772) attended a Bible Study in a SBC Church in 2015.
- Only 1.9% of the population (11,939) attended worship in a SBC Church in 2015.
49% of the population is non-anglo (41% African-American, 3.9% Hispanic, 2.5% Asian) with only 16 non-anglo SBC churches. 1 to 18,154.
- 23% of the population is evangelical, showing that Baton Rouge has a healthier evangelical population than the rest of South Louisiana.
- Baptisms are down 25% from a high of 757 in 2006. 568 in 2015.
- Current Planters: Brian Crain with Progression Church, Guillermo Mangieri with Istrouma en Espanol, MacArthur Greensberry with New Beginnings Baptist, Josh Morris with Crosscreek Cowboy Church, Pastor Lama with Louisiana Kachin Fellowship, Ed Scott with New Life Temple, &Miguel Angel Flores-Olivera with Jefferson Baptist Hispanic.
- Association Executive Director is Dr. Tommy Middleton. Staff: Chuck Lowman, Randy Osborn, Dana Truitt, Jan Terral. Check out BAGBR.org.
Current Louisiana Baptists Planters along I-20:
Cleto Perez – Iglesia Bautista Nueva Vida – Arcadia
Miguel Barrios – Filadelfia Baptist Mission – Bernice
Barnabas Son – Monroe Korean Baptist Church – West Monroe
Richard Thomas – Gethsemane Baptist Church – Shreveport
Carranza Johns – Hip Hope Church – Shreveport
Trandy Wade – New Life Journey Baptist Church – Bossier City
Ivory Jackson – North Star Baptist Church – Shreveport
Roy Thomas – St. James Baptist Church – Shreveport
Greg Shyne – United Outreach Church – Shreveport
Daniel Hernandez – Broadmoor Hispanic Mission – Shreveport
Miguel Guillen – First Hispanic Church, Haughton
Mt. Kham Nang – First Zo Baptist Church – Bossier City