The Church Administration strategist serves to help churches implement their limited resources (money, time and people) in a prioritized manner that best guides the church to achieve its mission efficiently and effectively. These resources are available to help!
To learn more about any of these resources, contact Jeff Ingram by email or by phone (318.623.3382).
Documents Concerning Bylaws
- Bylaws/Constitution Review Checklist
- Sample Indemnification Provisions for Ministry Bylaws
- Why Bylaws Matter
Church Document Triage
Designed to equip church leaders to “sort out” their various policy statements to ensure they are
- Clear and understandable
- Internally consistent
- Concise, yet thorough
- Reflective of current ministry practice
Conflict Resolution Strategy
The Pastoral Leadership Team has developed a comprehensive strategy to help churches prevent, resolve, and/or recover from internal conflict. A variety of resources are available to address the unique needs of churches and ministers. Contact your local director of missions or Jeff Ingram.
GuideStone Financial Resources
Financial Services guided by Christian Values
GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-based, socially screened registered mutual fund family. We also offer a full suite of retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty, and executive planning services to churches, universities, hospitals and other institutions.
Reasons to choose GuideStone:
- Widespread eligibility – if you receive W-2 taxable income from a church, church-related school or association affiliated with a Baptist state convention, you’re eligible for the 403(b)(9) Church Retirement Plan.
- Exclusive Protection benefits – As a participant in the Church Retirement Plan you may also be eligible for two protection benefits provided by GuideStone and Louisiana Baptists.
- Christian-based, socially screened funds – these funds do not invest in any company that is publicly recognized, as determined by GuideStone Financial Resources, as being involved in the liquor, tobacco, gambling, pornography, or abortion industries, or any company whose products, services or activities are publicly recognized as being incompatible with the moral and ethical posture at GuideStone.
- Flexible contribution options – both the employer and the employee can contribute to the retirement account. Employee contributions conveniently are made by salary reduction.
- Tax Benefits – employer contributions are not subject to current income or SECA taxes, earnings on contributions grow tax-deferred until withdrawn, both tax-sheltered and ROTH options are available, higher contribution limits than a traditional or ROTH IRA.
- Award Winning Performance – GuideStone Funds was honored at the 2012 Lipper Fund Awards in New York City. GuideStone ranked No. 1 out of 182 eligible companies for its consistently strong risk-adjusted investment performance across broad asset classes.
Discover more about GuideStone services at www.GuideStone.org. Stacy Morgan is available to assist church leaders and employees with their unique employee retirement and benefit needs.
The structure of a minister’s compensation can have a significant impact on the amount of taxes he pays. To see the annual Compensation study from Lifeway, click here. Below are some tools to help in proper compensation structure:
The Compensation Planning Guide from GuideStone Financial Resources
Housing Allowance Calculator – helps calculate what you can claim as well as estimating the fair rental value using three different methods.
Ministerial Compensation Estimator – helps estimate the tax savings that results from proper compensation structure.
Questions About Pastoral Counseling
- Can a pastor legally provide counseling to church members? Non-members?
- Are there limitations?
- Can he advertise?
- What about church hosted support groups?
Discover the answers to these and other questions about counseling in the General Policy Statement on Pastoral Counseling.
Q & A about Performing Weddings in Louisiana
Performing a Wedding in Louisiana!
- New to ministry…new to Louisiana?
- How do I register to perform weddings?
- Am I eligible to perform weddings?
- What are my responsibilities?
Find out the answers at Q & A about Performing Weddings in Louisiana.
Information and documents below are not an exhaustive list, nor an endorsement, but only for the purpose of shared information.
- 10 Things Church Leaders are Asking About Boards and Bylaws
- 2020 Ministerial Tax Issues
- Protecting Houses of Worship Against Active Shooters
- Board Member Checklist
- Child Protection in a Ministry Environment
- Financial Controls Checklist
- Guidelines for Ministry Workers – Preventing Child Abuse in a Ministry Environment
- Notice of Injury
- A Pastor’s Guide to Understanding Your Church’s Safety
- Safety First – Why You Can’t Skip Background Checks
Resources for ministry assistants and church secretaries; subscription-based
Free resources on background checks, church and school safety, online training, podcasts, legal advice
Federal statutes and resources for preventing child abuse, neglect, and human-trafficking
Church finances, taxes, legal issues, and safety; subscription-based
Articles and documents
Church staff insurance
Federal forms for taxes and information
Funds management for cash reserves, designated accounts, endowments and other types of accounts
Church resources, ministry articles, and background checks information
Resources to help protect children and those who serve them
Risk management resources for churches
Resources to help manage the day-to-day operation of ministry
Security and safety training
Background Check Options for churches:
Church Insurance Options: