Food Insecurity. It is a new term and one that many of us have never personally experienced. But, 1 in 5 people in Louisiana are food insecure. Food insecure means lacking reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food. That means 20% of all people in Louisiana don’t have enough good food to eat.
That’s how the Louisiana World Hunger Offering can help. You can help to provide food for hungry people in Louisiana. When Compas- sion Ministry is established through the local church, churches can meet needs, build trust, share the Gospel and create a connecting point with a local church.
In other words, the box of food becomes a reason to establish a gospel-centered relationship. And all over Louisiana people are giving out boxes of food and giving Jesus to hurting people.
When you give to the Louisiana World Hunger Offering 20% of all the funds collected stay right here in Louisiana, and the remaining portion goes to Southern Baptist Global Hunger Relief to help feed people around the world. 100% of the funds collected are used to purchase food.
Thank you for reaching out to hungry people in the name of Jesus through your participation in the Louisiana World Hunger Offering.
In a land of plenty, it’s hard to come to grips with the fact that 1 in 5 people in Louisiana live in poverty – and many of them are children.
As Louisiana Baptists, we are called to care for the needy. The Louisiana World Hunger Offering enables us to visibly show the love of Jesus by providing resources that are used to feed people across our state.
Our goal this year is $330,000 – 20% of which stays in Louisiana to meet local needs. The remaining 80% goes to Southern Baptist Global Hunger Relief to help feed people around the world.
Will you do what you can to help meet this need? Although the offering is scheduled for October, you can collect it any time during the year.
While there are government programs to help feed hungry families, it is simply not enough.
The Louisiana World Hunger Offering will do what the government can’t- share the Bread of Life, Jesus, with all who come.
There are many other ways you can show compassion to the needy in your community. Please contact our office and allow us to work with you in establishing an ongoing effort in your area. Thank you for reaching out to hungry people in the name of Jesus through your participation in the Louisiana World Hunger Offering.
New Offering Collection Idea!
Simply print the Can Label pdf below in black and white or in color. Cut the paper into two labels and then wrap the label around a clean 16 oz can. Now you can start collecting coins and folding money for the World Hunger Offering.
You could put the cans around the church. Each family could put a can in a prominent place in the home and collect loose change for a period of time. One church even has a city wide project of leaving a can on every door step in the city, and the entire city fills a can and brings the can to the church on a certain day.
This is a fun way to help the hungry. If your church thinks of another creative way to collect funds, share the idea on our Facebook group (search for the Compassion Ministry of Louisiana Baptists group on Facebook.com).