In partnering with churches across Louisiana, the Children’s Ministry Office plays a vital role in equipping faith based teachers and centers that provide weekday educational opportunities for children. This partnership with church weekday centers takes on various roles. We provide consulting, training, policy and procedure help along with legislative awareness and advocacy.
Childhood Education Workshop is held each year in July in order to train teachers from across Louisiana.
The 2014 dates for CEW are:
- July 18-19 – Airline Baptist Church, Bossier City
- July 21-22 – New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
Through the Childhood Education Workshop centers can receive the following advantages:
- Pathways certified training.
- If a teacher attends both days of the workshop they can receive 12 hours of their annual training at one time.
- Knowledge that the training each teacher receives will be top of the line training not available anywhere else.
- Three hours of required health training is offered every year as part of this workshop.
- Assurance that the training received will be from a faith based perspective to match the value system of your center
- While coming from a Baptist perspective all centers are welcome from other faith expressions as well as secular centers
- Ability to receive training close to home with this workshop being offered in the Shreveport area and the New Orleans area every year.
This workshop has become the premiere faith based training opportunity in all of Louisiana for certified weekday education centers. Registration for this opportunity opens in May each year. If your center has attended previously you can look for information to be coming in the mail in April. If you are interested in attending this workshop for the first time please contact the Children’s Ministry Office for more information.
Our office is also available for questions and help throughout the year. For help in any weekday issue please do not hesitate to see us as your partner in ministry.